Saturday, October 9, 2010

DIY Dollhouse


This is what I made for my Addi last year. My mom actually made me one when I was little that had the same shell and the same furniture!  It is quite a project but you can find wooden dollhouses pretty easily. I just started with the wooden shell. Most of the furniture also came unfinished. I did buy a few pieces of furniture from PB kids.




The trees, shingles, and windows were all cut from vinyl on my wishblade.




The couch was painted tan and then I modge podged scrapbook paper to get the floral print and sewed the pillows. The nightstand has the drawers modge podged also with dew drops for the knobs. I hot glued flowers in the vases. I also modge podged the cieling and the wood floors with scrapbook paper.

The quilt was made from fabric left over from one of the baby quilts my mom had made her. I also printed a picture of her out and modge podged it to the wall.

The flooring and back drop is also paper. The base board is vinyl.
 o

 I also made a barn for Stryder. I will post that also:)



1 comment:

  1. I love this doll house - I'm currently on the lookout for a doll house and cannot find one I like that isn't tacky colours/plasticy/not solid enough etc. Think I'll try to convince hubby to make the shell for me so that I can decorate it :-)

    ReplyDelete