Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What happens when you show up at my salon a little too late:)!! (& Salon progress)

My salon is one of my most difficult places to decorate. I just can't seem to get it exactly how I want it. When you have to have a station, a dryer, a shampoo bowl, two chairs, and lots of tools; they kind of get in the way of the decor! I also have to have lots of shelving for my retail products.

The salon about a month ago....



And the progress......

The boxes got a new paint job and an applique. I picked up the little sign on the wall at Gardners Village.
I moved in the shelf next to the sink to give me some more room and painted and distressed it white. I have yet to find something big for this wall so the Halloween sign went up for now.


This vinyl has been up for a while now... not sure how I feel about it.... will do for now.
The table got a new coat of white spray paint and a rub down of antiquing coat.. I wanted to bring as much light in as possible to counteract all the black that I have to have. (dryer and chairs) The chandelier is a falsey.. It just holds candles which is perfect. No wiring involved.


The flowers in this pot are all from the dollar store! I love Dollar Tree. The foam in the bottom to poke them into is also from the lovely dollar store!



*Look what happened when this girl showed up at my salon:) hehe.. jk.. I originally seen this idea on studio 5 and added my touch.

I used a piece of elastic to tie the stips of tool on the tutu because thats what I had. I think a hair tie would be the perfect size. I added a bow and some bling to thier hair. My little girl had a few bracelets that she had outgrown so I put them on as neclaces and painted thier fingernails!


And here is a sneak peak of what I am working on....



It is cloudy and raining today! Oh how I love it. Hopefully I can get a few things accomplished before I have to work today! Bye for now!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment