Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

 

This cool sunburst mirror has been on my long list of projects to do for a while. You can find the tutorial on how to make it at Under he Table and Dreaming. The cost of the project is about 6 dollars plus some gorilla glue and some paint to paint the skewers.

I happened to run into Family Dollar the other day to try to find the little plastic pony tails that seem to be a hard to find item! Look what I found for 10 dollars! Who would have guessed?!? They actually had all kinds of great stuff the other day! Some times your time is worth at least a few bucks! Love it!

mirror

 

front room

Remember the green nightstand from the grey living room that no longer matched? I  was in one of those clean and re-arrange moods taking all the winter stuff down and found the perfect use for it! Let me introduce you to this sub that has drove me crazy for the last 2 plus years! No matter what it is just in the way and most of the time it isn’t even plugged into the tv! When we built our house I thought I had planned the outlets and cable jacks behind the spot for the t.v. so that we would see no cords. Then lone behold, my husband Brandon had to have an amp! I tried to slide it under the coffee table and it was too tall, yet again! I picked the coffee table up and set it on top, wiggled it a little, and wala! It went up inside. If it would have been any taller at all it would not have worked! Finally something to somewhat hide it!

amp

amp2

 

living room

I got a new couch for Christmas. After wanting the white slip cover couch, I had to come to a realization that with three kids it was highly unlikely that it would stay white for even a day and even with two slip covers, one would ALWAYS be in the wash! So what is the farthest from that? A dark leather couch of course! Best decision EVER! No more dirty couches! I really want 2 of these chairs to go in the room also. It is a compromise. I still get some white but the leather will wipe off! It was really driving me crazy to only have a couch down here because we really need more seating so I brought this bench down from upstairs to even it out until I can purchase the chairs!

TULLSTA Chair off-white Width: 31 1/2 " Depth: 27 1/2 " Height: 30 3/8 " Seat width: 21 5/8 " Seat depth: 21 5/8 " Seat height: 17 3/4 "  Width: 80 cm Depth: 70 cm Height: 77 cm Seat width: 55 cm Seat depth: 55 cm Seat height: 45 cm

mantel

I also stuffed some garland under the t.v. to hide the Wii cords! Gotta love BUzz hanging out on the couch watching Nick! A small post today but the living room feels much better, and I am super excited about my find. I am off to make heart pancakes for dinner with the kiddos!

Talk to you later! Happy Valentines Day!

couch

No comments:

Post a Comment