Saturday, April 9, 2011

Progress in the boys room!

 

Hi! I feel like I have not posted in forever. I have a billion projects going on right now and can’t seem to stay focused on just one! Since its been a while I figured I would post the progress we have made on the boys room! Stryder insisted that his bed be green…so green it is!

I finished his duvet cover and pillow cases on Sunday. It was so simple! I didn’t want to mess with button holes or ties at the top so I came up with my own version and there will be a tutorial coming soon! It was a rainy day and Brandon and Stryder went hunting with my dad so my mom, Addi, and I hung out in her sewing room! My craft room is mad chaos right now so there was no way I was getting to my sewing machine to accomplish anything! I majorly downsized and gave up my blue thing for the boys room that held most of my supplies.

I think I may want a few accent pillows for his bed. I am just debating because “throw” pillows really are “throw” pillows at out house! It just seem like they never stay in place! As much as I hate stuffed animals; the pillow pet is going to have to stay! He adores it and I do have to admit they are pretty dang comfy!

If you missed the building the bed post you can find the details here. Thank you Ana White!

bed1

Wow… what a glare.. sorrySmile

bed2

Remember this $10 dresser?

[040[4].jpg]

Here it is now!!!! Brandon cut a 1x4 for the front trim that was missing and sanded it down for me! I painted the dressers white and the drawers are grey from the leftover paint I had from the living room. I found the hardware at Lowes. It is pretty sad when the hardware costs more than the furniture! This dresser had definitely seen better days and still needs some adjusting inside so that the drawers slide in and out easily!

There is a stack of mirrors sitting on the dresser I have had laying around since we built. I have an idea to use them up and incorporate them into the room!

stantondresser

I had this night stand and dresser in my room from Jr. High and High School. They were being used as tool boxes in the garage.

Stryders Crazy Hair and My Truck 015

Oh, how I love paint!

nightstand1

dresserstryder

I sprayed these frames tonight! The black one was just a wood frame I have had forever. The sprayed the two smaller frames with some leftover paint from the entertainment center. I found them for 50 cents a piece at a yard sale last weekend!

strydframes

I found this cute subway art while browsing at Eighteen 25. The colors were perfect so I think it was meant to be!

frame

stryd closetstrydroom1

The trim and doors are all a creamy color in our house. I like that it flows throughout but think it may be clashing in this room. What do you think? Should it be white? I was going to paint the room grey in the first place and do the trim white but I thought this was a huge room and I didn’t want to do that much work!

Thanks for stopping by and seeing the progress! More to come!

Goodnight!

Amanda

strydinbedaddiinstrydbed

No comments:

Post a Comment