Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Summer Days!

stawberries

What a great day! We have hung out and made blanket towers, played in the tent, made smoothies and actually accomplished quite a bit! We had lots of strawberries getting too ripe today so I thought I would share one of my favorite tricks! The kids and I drink smoothies almost every afternoon lately. We have been getting so much fruit in out bountiful baskets among other places that sometimes it is ripe before we can finish it. I like to cut them up and lay them out on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper, then freeze them. This works great with any fruit, especially bananas.  When they are frozen you can transfer them to a freezer container or bag. This way they do not clump together and do much better in the blender.I think that smoothies have much more flavor when using frozen fruit than they do with ice. I usually throw in whatever frozen fruit we are in the mood for or I have that day along with vanilla almond milk. It is so yummy!

021_edited-1

020_edited-1 copy

030

031034

Stantyn

Here is a peek of what I am working on right now!

002

Luv, Amanda

1 comment: